Follow by Email

Sunday, February 13, 2011

smiling on purpose

this morning i was walking in the hot sun, dragging the little car behind me with emma in it, and fuming to myself.

the place i was going to has been getting on my nerves lately.

i thought about how i was feeling.

frustrated, angry, hopeless.

i decided that somehow, deep down inside, i was not going to allow these surface ripples to affect my joy.

i started to smile.

i began to be thankful.

i started to think good thoughts about the people i was mad at.

by the time i got there, i was feeling much better...and even managed some REAL smiles instead of the very determined ones i was putting on by faith. (or fake, not sure which.)

it was a good morning.

i didn't even mind when the spitting on the floor got reeeeeal close to my shoes.

:))