Follow by Email

Sunday, November 4, 2012

snapshots of my week, randomly...

i almost put a color rinse in my hair this morning...but i got an attack of vertigo when i bent over to shower it and so i didn't. church was awesome, my son jonathan is the 2nd best preacher in the world.

if you put a bit of crushed anise in with rosemary and garlic, nobody can guess what the secret ingredient is in your roasted chicken. we drew christmas names today for immediate family. my husband was clocked going 60 MPH on his bike. i was clocked going 120 KM in my van. i was talking at the time.

penelope is getting better. the vet said she's now 3 on the 1-10 scale. she may live a few years yet, she said, but probably will always be frail. i am very happy that her ear is improving- the growth is smaller, it might be just an abcess.

i am not happy that my bathroom which is also penelope's bathroom, smells rather...pungent.

we had family pictures taken today, courtesy of tracey. i hope they are nice. i think they are. emma was an angel and posed and posed.

i went grocery shopping at 4 pm so as to not have to do it on a monday morning. you'd think the store would be packed. it wasn't. i was thankful. we had icecream after shopping. i bought a stuffed bear wearing winter clothes. the bear, that is.

last week i taught for 2 days. i love art. the kids are awesome. i love the art classroom. i could just stay in there forever. this week i will teach 4 days. the creativity of little people never fails to amaze me!

it's hot. the cold front needs to extend south where we are. the days are getting shorter...the sun is rising and setting farther south. the sky is different. i'll set up my telescope soon...want to make sure the rain is really finished.

my knee hurts. too much tree-climbing, perhaps?

thus ends my sunday night randomness. i shall now watch downton abbey with my husband. good night.