Follow by Email

Saturday, May 4, 2013

HELP

"i myself will help you"...5 tiny words found in Isaiah 41:14 (now that's an easy reference to remember)

on a dark morning when i sit peering up out of a deep hole and wondering how to get out of it, i stumble across these words in my devotions. i burrow deeper into my cozy prayer-chair and open the Word and there they are- those 5 huge words-

I, MYSELF, WILL HELP YOU

they jump out at me as if highlighted with lightning bolts. i stare at the page and breathe them in. out of the context they fly, right up into my eyes...with hopeful faces they leap and clamber into my discouraged mind.

I WILL HELP YOU MYSELF.

so, Lord Jesus, i receive that encouragement this clouded morning. i choose to believe that you, YOURSELF, will help me. teach me. train me. prod me. discipline me. force me. this dark think is hard for me- seems impossible. i need you because

i. cannot. do. this.

MYSELF is not equal to the task.

in my weakness and ineptitude, teach me. YOURSELF. amen.