Follow by Email

Sunday, December 1, 2013

7

curled on my side
in the dark
i wish for rest
and quiet...
longing for escape
for weary heart
and
tired bones.
and in a flash
i'm 7,
laying on my stomach
in the sun
half- buried in the gentle
loam
of the woods
shrouded by pine and spruce
sharp resin scent deep
in the still air
the dying life of the trees
fills me with joy
i'm just 7, a worried, tired 7,
but
here in this place
my heart is at peace.
sunlight feeds me
the forest floor is soft
and fragrant
i rest my head
on a gracious log
that lies strong beneath me and
gaze
up through the brave green
boughs
above
at the blue, the blue,
the heartbreaking blue
of sky
this is me,
me safe
in my hallowed place
my secret lovely place
where
i know
the world is beautiful
i'm warm
i'm safe
i'm loved
by my friends the trees

and my mother the sun
and the dying forest floor.
this is my long home.