Follow by Email

Sunday, September 4, 2016

a living saint

i wrote this essay years ago:

"A small nun in a simple white cotton robe changed the way the world thinks.

She didn’t mean to.

She just lived out her consuming radical love of people, and God used her to shake the foundations of humanism.

She was in love with everyone.

Death was her constant partner; life her constant passion.

She walked her own road; did things differently than everyone else; sought no titles; bowed to no one except Jesus; lived her life for one sole purpose- to love.

For a woman who never married, never bore a child, she loved far more that most wives and mothers do.

The world was her nursery.

The church was her husband.

I wish I could have met her.

I believe some day I will.

And I will thank Mother Theresa for showing us a way to lay aside all our selfishness-

And simply love."